[time-nuts] WWVB SDR discussion

Phil Genera pg at fivesevenfive.org
Fri Aug 21 09:52:43 UTC 2020

Has anyone probed the test points (which Tom so kindly took pictures of) to
find the pps & i2c lines between the es100 and clock face microcontroller
on one of these?

I'd like to build a WWVB refclock for fun, but with the
universal-solder dev board discontinued, buying a wall clock seems like the
easiest way to get a receiver, plus there's plenty of room in the battery
compartment for a raspberry pi zero, if you leave the batteries out... I'm
hesitant to buy one just to pull it apart and find the signals I'm looking
for are hard to get out, though.

--
Phil