[time-nuts] OCXO for HP 53310A

Hans Jørgen Eriksen hje at ddtech.dk
Wed Aug 26 16:46:59 UTC 2020

Just got my hands on a HP 53310A Modulation Domain Analyzer (with option 031)
As it doesn’t have option 010 – OCXO, I want to get hold of "the best OCXO" and either build it into my house reference or into the back of the 53310A
The original 53310A OCXO was a HP 10811-60111, which I can find for ~100USD
But is it better to get another brand/model?
Like the
Morion MV89A?
MTI 260?
Or the HP E1938?
Others to consider?
Which parameter is the most important for the 53310A?
Phase Noise?
Short term stability?
I do have a GPSDO to take care of the long-term drift
The 53310A will mostly be used to play around with home made GPSDO and various OCXO’s – and to learn

Regards
Hans Eriksen