[time-nuts] Dead 5065A - Some comments - Some questions... (III)

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:29:25 UTC 2020

Magnus agree on the bandwidth tripling. I thought the A3 generated 90 MHz.
I was thinking the PLL at 90 MHz with a small power amplifier to drive the
multiplier.
I did see the pictures of the modernized A3 so thats a great answer.
Ultimately my concern has been the SRD multiplier. There is some real magic
going on in that unit as has been mentioned on time-nuts. If the diode goes
there are no replacements accept for another unit.
Regards
Paul.