[time-nuts] FE-5650A FE-5680A book and software

cmparker10 at aol.com cmparker10 at aol.com
Sun Aug 30 22:22:18 UTC 2020

Hello All
Here are (free) notes/book and software to help setup the FE RFS units: FE-5650A, FE-5680A ...
The notes/book and software files can be downloaded from Dropbox by the following links. Once the file(s) have been downloaded onto your computer, click the ZIP or RAR file to decompress (unzip) the book and software.  Please be aware that some antivirus software will delete the software EXE and MSI files and you will need to mark them as safe in your antivirus software. Save the ZIP/RAR file to a thumb/flash drive for safe keeping. Many apologies but we are unable to field issues regarding the RFS at this time beyond the contents of the book. We also apologize for any omissions or errors. ZIP:https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7joxx1rqey4yse/ParkerBookSoftware.zip?dl=0 orRAR:https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwew7ot9aogslqo/ParkerBookSoftware.rar?dl=0 At some time, the links will undoubtedly be removed or altered. We'll plan to ask that the notes/book and software be archived atwww.leapsecond.com/u/parker.
We originally purchased an FE-5650A RFS (similar to 5680) from an EBay vendor for about $80 in order to calibrate some lab equipment. But the RFS appeared to have some kind of encryption and so after buying another one and communicating with the vendor, he ended up shipping a couple more. Turns out the baud rate was non-standard and that led to the odd behavior. We told him that we would make notes and software available about a year ago. The notes turned into something else much longer than intended.