[time-nuts] EOL Motorola Oncore Remote Antenna

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 1 18:37:07 UTC 2020

Hi

The gotcha with the device in question is that roughly 90% of the volume is in the microwave
path to the antenna. Most of the remaining 10% if filled with electronics ….

One (as yet unmentioned) solution is to equip the device with an air inlet *and* a small bleed
hole. You feed cleaned / dried air ( or nitrogen if you are picky) under modest pressure down
the air line. Works fine right up to the point somebody cuts costs by not doing proper support
for the air supply ……

Why cleaned / dried? Well, if you have ever run one of these setups,  the dryer cartridges put
a bit of white powder into the air output. Eventually you wind up with a pile of white stuff “down
wind”.  I have empirical evidence to support this …. :)

Bob