[time-nuts] HP5065a cfield issue

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:46:54 UTC 2020

For everyone when the cfield pot is at 0.0 its 2.5ma and at 9.9 its 6.38ma.
The jump is over 4 major divisions of the cfield pot and I still did not
match the reference..
So looking at the synth chart on page 3-9 started to see how far it had
gone.
Tube says the switch should be 8714 or -240 E-10 the switch setting that
works well is 7698 and that represents -230 E-10. Thats quite a change. But
the Cfield matches the reference at 3.5 and that takes 6 min and 53 seconds
to move 5ns. Could do better but ran out of time tonight) Its still
slightly fast. The green cont op lights and stays lit. Some of the chart
settings do not light the con op light. Will see if the unit actually stays
stable overnight or does it speed up or slow down.
If it does thats going to be tough to find.
Thanks everyone so far for your help.
Paul.