[time-nuts] HP 5065 Rb update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 02:56:42 UTC 2020

A quick update. Not finding anything odd with the scope.
Also setting the synth to 7698 allows the cont op light to light.
In setting the cfield the system is setting at about -4.6 e-12.
Using a 5370 in TI mode TBolt input A and 5065 B seperated and positive
slope. Still think these numbers are far to good to be true. But I do not
see that I have my math wrong either.
The longest run has been 06:08:57 and it shifted 86 ns.
But adjusting the cfield is very tricky. In fact I really am at the pots
resolution. Less than a small tick mark sends the unit fast or slow.
Currently at 3.29.
Though the synth is off by the thumbwheel setting the unit seems very
stable. May just note all of this and button the unit up.
Perhaps set it upside down on the bench waiting for the next close
lightning strike.
Bob by the way did move the unit around no effect.
Thanks everyone
Paul.