[time-nuts] HP 5065 Rb update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:49:47 UTC 2020

Unfortunately the cfield is deep in the tube. So that would require taking
the shields and such apart. The cfield isn't just a pot its actually tied
to a feedback loops and diff amp that changes the slope to match the tube.
There are quite a few ways to improve on it. Poul wrote up a whole page on
the subject. Its a good read and quite reasonable to do.
But I was simply trying to fix an odd issue that came up. That the Rb
jumped in offset. Never really explained why it happened except for the
lightning strike some 60-100 ft away. But though it damaged ground fault
breakers and networking it had no impact to the Cesiums at all.
It did damage other stuff but pretty minor.
Its down in the 5.X E-12 region "Gud enuf".
Regards
Paul.