[time-nuts] Congratulations to David Allan

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Fri Dec 11 10:03:34 UTC 2020

Poul-Henning,

On 2020-12-11 10:53, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> Richard (Rick) Karlquist writes:
>
>> If I had thought about it, I would have assumed
>> David made fellow decades ago.  He was already
>> a legend around the HP Precision Frequency section
>> when I started at HP 40 years ago.  Maybe he was
>> just too modest and didn't do enough self
>> promotion.  Anyway, I'm happy that the powers
>> that be finally corrected this situation.
> Maybe the finally recognized his revision of General Relativity ?
>
> 	http://www.allanstime.com/UnifiedFieldTheory/gravity.htm

While I like the guy, there is a few other things he talks about where I
am much more doubtful about in his ability to address them as he does.
Then again, we all have our quirks. I did end up being mentioned in his
book thought, I almost fell of the chair at Dulles airport as I read it.
That book covers things such as the field you mention, and much more. If
you only read selected parts, it's fine. There is other parts I do not
agree with. He is not the only one in the field that has some hobby
theories that maybe is best kept to the sideline.

Cheers,
Magnus