[time-nuts] HP105B Help

Dave Miller ve7hr at ve7hr.ca
Sun Dec 13 22:15:27 UTC 2020

I am in the middle of resurrecting a HP105B, It is one of the later models
with an 10811 in.

I have fixed the obvious issues like the electrolytics that were missing
and other parts that had leads evaporated due to corrosion.

The basics seem to work, A not bad looking sine wave etc.
But the ADEV numbers are terrible.
I am going back to make sure it's not a measurement setup issue. That is
good. Just tested another OCXO and the test setup is good.
Attached in a link to a .tim file
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/zebwiqy913v7k0k/HP105B%20test.tim?dl=0
I am hoping one of the more knowledgeable folks might suggest where to
start looking.
I have checked all the other electrolytics and the ESR and capacitance
looks good. I think the power supply seemed clean.

I have taken out the easy to get boards and cleaned card edges etc but this
persists.

The saw tooth on the original phase is yelling something at me but I
don't have a clue.

Thanks
Dave

--