[time-nuts] SMPS or conventional?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Dec 22 00:26:54 UTC 2020

Hi

Finding a data sheet on a TEC that goes past *very* basic stuff is essentially
impossible. The bottom line is that the people who make them very much
want to sell them to you. Finding information in those data sheets that suggest
problems … not so much.

The problem is (mainly) physical. The expansion / contraction of the device is
a big deal. KHz level PWM is (likely) not a problem. Aggressive cycling from
something like a PID is indeed an issue.

Bob