[time-nuts] TECs in cooling below ambient

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 23 21:49:43 UTC 2020

You could always use a TEC as the heart of a dewpoint sensor by optically sensing the temperature required for dew to form on a cooled mirror.
In practice the temperature at which the dew vanishes is typically used.
A collimated light beam together with a photodiode is typically used to sense the presence of dew droplets on the mirror.

Bruce