[time-nuts] Happy H-mas!

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Dec 24 17:45:27 UTC 2020

You can see pendulum clocks swing and hear them tick. On the other hand,
quartz, cesium, and GPS references are silent and invisible. It's Rb and
H-masers that have a special glow. Here's one of mine:

http://leapsecond.com/museum/ch175/coil.htm

which also answers the question from Anders Wallin, "Any ideas on what
the spiral is":

http://www.anderswallin.net/2016/01/h-maser-glow/

/tvb