[time-nuts] Fake new LPRO 101 Rb's on Ebay?

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 07:44:34 UTC 2020

I am suspending purchases directly from China for now.  The whole country is in chaos, according to our media.  Their resources are strained.  Too many chances for something going wrong - ignored, lost, delayed, damaged, etc, etc, etc.

---------------------------------------
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG

    On Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 2:35:56 AM EST, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

 --------
In message <1626784396.61618.1580801360408 at mail.yahoo.com>, Perry Sandeen via t
ime-nuts writes:

>In all seriousness, can the coronavirus be transmitted in gear we
>buy from China or does it require a living host for spreading?

Very few vira can survive 14 days, and for all we know at present
that time is sufficient to desinfect 2019-nCov, and to detect any
infections.

A few specialized infectious agents have the ability to produce
"spores" which can survive for *long* periods of time, and then
revive on contact with humidity.  The best known example is Anthrax.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp      | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
phk at FreeBSD.ORG        | TCP/IP since RFC 956