[time-nuts] PLL synthesizer information from TI

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 23:16:21 UTC 2020

On 2/11/20 12:18 PM, John Moran, Scawby Design wrote:
> For those of you interested in exotic Phase-lock Loop synthesizers, I just received this information from TI -
>
> http://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/analogwire/archive/2020/02/10/why-component-integration-carries-weight-for-space-based-pll-synthesizers
>
> The web page includes a link to an application note with more data on their highly integrated solutions enabling designs from 10MHz to 20GHz.
>
> The parts aren't cheap, but they are designed for space applications.

$21k in single quantity, 35 week lead time (from Avnet).. That's not
extreme for this kind of part.

The "engineering prototype part" (generally same die, just doesn't get
the screening and paperwork) is only $3.5k in Q1.  (you can also get an
Eval board with the part for the same price)

I wonder if the same part, without the space processing, is available?