[time-nuts] 1PPS questions

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jul 2 14:16:36 UTC 2020

Hi

Probably the easiest approach is an L pad at the input to the measurement device.
Something like a 470 ohm in series and a 120 ohm to ground. A 50 ohm pad
may not make the line driver in the source device very happy ….

Something more exotic would be to do a distribution amp. Use a NC7SZ125 at the
input so it’s 5V tolerant. Run however many of them you need to drive the desired
number of outputs.  Power it all off of 2V and you have 2V p-p output(s).

Keep in mind that 2V p-p “logic” signals may or may not trigger CMOS level stuff
powered off of 3.3V. CMOS running on 5V gets into the “not going to happen”
area.

Bob