[time-nuts] TICC TAPR and TimeLab

w8ycm at veenstras.com w8ycm at veenstras.com
Fri Jul 3 14:54:32 UTC 2020

New guy here needs help using the TAPT TICC and Timelab software

The TICC documentation, I am sure, is sufficient to those in the community,
but to someone who has only lurked around the edges, there are a few
questions I have.   I suspect some are obvious, and some others of no
consequence, so here goes:

M   Measurement Mode        T               default T

S   clock Speed  (MHz)         10.000000       default 10

C   Coarse Clock Rate (us)  100.000000      default 100

P   calibration Periods           20              default 20

T   Timeout                            0x05            default 0x05

Y   sync:  master / slave       M               default M

E   trigger Edge                    R R             default R

D   time Dilation                    2500 2500       default 2500

F   Fixed Time2                    0 0             default 0

G   fudge0                            0 0             default 0

(1)     In  M (Measurement mode), what is the use for the “  L     TimeLab
interval mode “?  Should it only be used with Timelab? If “Yes” skip  and b:

a.                    In  M (Measurement mode), the  functions of the T/P/I,
modes are reasonably obvious,

      but with ones should be used with Timelab to compute Allan Deviation.

b.                    Are any of the Measurement modes of particular use in
other Timelab functions?

(2)      In  M (Measurement mode), what does one do with “ D     Debug
mode”?

(3)      What is the rational for selecting a  particular “Coarse Clock
Rate” value?

(4)      What is the rational for selecting a particular  “calibration
Periods” value?

(5)      What is the rational for selecting a particular  “Timeout” value?

(6)      What is the rational for selecting a particular  “time Dilation”
value?

(7)      What do the “Fixed Time” options do, and why?

(8)     What do the “Fudge” options do, and why?

Lester B Veenstra  K1YCM  MØYCM  W8YCM   6Y6Y

 <mailto:lester at veenstras.com> lester at veenstras.com

452 Stable Ln (HC84 RFD USPS Mail)

Keyser WV 26726

GPS: 39.336826 N  78.982287 W (Google)

GPS: 39.33682 N  78.9823741 W (GPSDO)

Telephones:

Home:                     +1-304-289-6057

US cell                    +1-304-790-9192

Jamaica cell:           +1-876-456-8898