[time-nuts] Incorrect date on Thunderbolt

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Fri Jul 3 20:05:16 UTC 2020

Keith -

IF you use Lady Heather software, with your Trimble Thunderbolt,
the Date Correction is handled in PC software.

The original Trimble Thunderbolts (Red) have the WNRO issue.
http://www.ke5fx.com/tbolt.htm
User Manual, version 5.0
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/Thunderbolt-2003-11.pdf

911 Centers around USA found this problem in 2017, causing short panic,
since Trimble did not have sufficient inventory of Thunderbolt E models.

Trimble offers NO firmware updates or correction for the issue.
“Buy our Thunderbolt® E GPS Disciplined Clock” (Blue Label model).
https://www.trimble.com/Timing/thunderbolt-e.aspx

greg
w9gb
===