[time-nuts] FW: HP-5372A operation with no CRT display.

Lester Veenstra m0ycm at veenstras.com
Sat Jul 4 15:47:10 UTC 2020

Ed:
   I see what appear to be good voltages from the mothor board into the A17
video driver board, that is Gnd, +12VDC, V Sync, HSync, and video
(Intensity)

Have  a possibly good A17 board, on the bench along with a CRT, removed from
instrument.

Am testing voltages, waveforms, and Electrolytic Cap values for base line.
It functions with just +12V drive from bench supply.  I have a raster scan
that varies in intensity with voltage level (0-5v) applied to video input.

Have two more (not good) boards, with some known bad caps, that then can
then be repaired to the baseline.    Will then try A17 and CRT on the 5372A
itself.

Lester B Veenstra  K1YCM  MØYCM  W8YCM   6Y6Y
lester at veenstras.com

452 Stable Ln (HC84 RFD USPS Mail)
Keyser WV 26726

GPS: 39.336826 N  78.982287 W (Google)
GPS: 39.33682 N  78.9823741 W (GPSDO)

Telephones:
Home:                     +1-304-289-6057
US cell                    +1-304-790-9192
Jamaica cell:           +1-876-456-8898