[time-nuts] 5071A

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jul 5 20:12:06 UTC 2020

Hi

My recollection is that if power is cycled, it drops out of “continuous operation
mode”. There *might* even be BBC footage documenting this … :)

Simply put, all of these devices ( 5071 and the other HP atomic standards I
have seen) *only* go into continuous operation when you push a button. Anything
odd that comes along takes them out of this mode. It’s just a flip flop so you
can’t read a lot into it being off. Power line voltage “out of spec” is one way
to nuke it (at least on some HP’s ).

Bob