[time-nuts] HP 5065A Nifty A9 repair!

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Thu Jul 16 05:06:53 UTC 2020

   Hi Corby,

   in my HP5065A is mounted the old card with discrete components. Can you tell me if there are differences about the final performances of the 5065 using the two different versions?

   Luciano

   Luciano P. S. Paramithiotti
   timeok at timeok.it
   www.timeok.it

   Da "time-nuts" time-nuts-bounces at lists.febo.com
   A time-nuts at lists.febo.com
   Cc
   Data Wed, 15 Jul 2020 11:16:18 -0700
   Oggetto [time-nuts] HP 5065A Nifty A9 repair!
   Hi,

   Thought I'd share how I repaired a few A9 circuit cards that had a bad op
   amp module.

   The black cubical op amp module is unobtanium!

   I had planned to make a small PC board with a modern opamp on it to
   replace the bad module.

   Instead I found that I could just plonk in an LH156H and it worked great.

   An LH356H would also work, I just had some LH156H lying around.

   See the attached PIX!

   Cheers,

   Corby