[time-nuts] 74ACT160 100MHz divide by 10

Bob Martin aphid1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 20 14:14:39 UTC 2020

I haven't been following all the posts on this topic
and apologize if repeating someone else's observations.

There are dip versions of the 74ACT160N that will do 100MHz over
temperature depending on the manufacturer.  The MC74act160N is a
dip part available from Ebay at 10 for $10.00. The package is
obsolete so unless you plan to buy safety stock it isn't for
production.

https://www.ebay.com/i/113374007747?chn=ps

I resurrected my old Motorola FACT data book and:

   At 5V it is rated to 120MHz with 50p loading at 25C. It is rated
at 100MHz over temperature. Since  the absolute max voltage is 7
volts you could run it at 6 volts at even higher clock speeds.

The MC74AC160N will not run at 100MHz over temperature and isn't
available on ebay.

I'd be curious to know how warm the part gets at those frequencies.