[time-nuts] HP-5372A operation with no battery

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Jul 29 17:32:34 UTC 2020

Hi Peter,

On 2020-07-29 18:34, Peter Worrall wrote:
> Would someone please tell me the type of battery used in the 5372A. I have
> one to change, and it would save me opening it twice!

It's a 3.6 V litium battery (non-rechargeable). Check the HP 5371A
service manual for the A7 assembly. Check the HP 5372A service manual
for calibration detais (Chapter 3 sensitivity calibration).

You should be able to locate the service manuals on the Keysight
websight, that's where I got them last time I tried.

The HP 5372A builds on the HP 5371A hardware platform but replaced a
number of boards, in particular the event board which performs hardware
histogram enhancement over the 5371A.

Cheers,
Magnus