[time-nuts] sub harmonic VCO locking

glenlist glenlist at cortexrf.com.au
Thu Jul 30 22:26:59 UTC 2020

Hi Bob

Yeah.  because we essentially have a sampled system, so I expect
multiples of the injection source.

This is a sample rate clock, and so spurs that fall at 50% of the sample
rate are OK. spurs that fall at 25% of the sample clock will appear in
the PB. Which really tells me I need to have the injection oscillator at
1/2 the VCO freq .  to avoid all problems.  which means x2 x2 and
assocated filtering before the injection. I'll go back to thinking about
doubling/ multiplication and filtering.

Given that spurs are on known frequencys, a set of symmetrically placed
zeros either side of the output will generate a broad bandpass in the
middle. No need for a sharp filter at least for the 1st pair of unwanted
products....

maybe continue with you off list

cheers