[time-nuts] Interesting application for really nutty timing

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jun 2 21:59:38 UTC 2020

Hal,

This will keep you busy for an hour:

"Listening for Gravitational Waves Using Pulsars"
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/listening-for-gravitational-waves-using-pulsars

"Spotting gravitational waves using pulsar ticks"
https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/113/32/8878.full.pdf

"Detection of Gravitational Waves using Pulsar Timing"
https://arxiv.org/abs/1004.3602
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1004.3602.pdf

"Pulsar timing arrays: the promise of gravitational wave detection"
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0034-4885/78/12/124901/ampdf

"Pulsars could reveal nanohertz gravitational waves within 10 years"
https://physicsworld.com/a/pulsars-could-reveal-nanohertz-gravitational-waves-within-10-years/

"The local nanohertz gravitational-wave landscape from supermassive
black hole binaries"
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41550-017-0299-6.epdf

"Gravitational Wave detection & data analysis for Pulsar Timing Arrays"
https://local.strw.leidenuniv.nl/events/phdtheses/haasteren/thesis.pdf

/tvb