[time-nuts] ThunderBolt question

Tom Holmes tholmes at woh.rr.com
Sat Jun 6 14:26:39 UTC 2020

As the chip is a message, not a time hack per se, all the delay can do is make it more difficult to decode the message. That's how these COFDM-type schemes work. It's why your digital TV signal (which in the US is not a COFDM signal, but still behaves similarly) falls off a cliff when things get bad rather than fade away into noise like analog does. With analog, you get ghosts, but in digital, you just get garbage which may or may not be decode-able into a picture and sound.

Tom Holmes, N8ZM