[time-nuts] Frequency division by 81

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jun 19 22:46:55 UTC 2020

Hi

What are we trying to do here?

What is the input frequency?

What is the phase noise of the OCXO?

What is the phase noise requirement on the output?

Are there other system based requirements on the output?
(ADEV maybe ….)

=====

Symmetry (by it’s self) going from 50/50 to 45/55 (or whatever) has zero impact on
the phase noise of the output.

If your logic implementation that *uses* the clock depends on 50/50 duty cycle, that
is a very different “specific to your design” constraint.

Bob