[time-nuts] "Clock Calibrator" project

Peter McCollum saipan1959 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 04:15:15 UTC 2020

Hi All,
Just joined. Not sure if I qualify as a "Nut", but I'm working on it :-) .
Today I mostly finished the following project:

A friend gave me the idea of wanting something to adjust the oscillator on
a Nixie clock, but not owning a decent counter.
I had a CW12-TIM module that I'd never used.
The idea was to set the CW12 to match the external oscillator's freq, then
measure/display the difference between the 2 freqs, so that the oscillator
could be tweaked.
The "Difference" display is in Hz, counted by the MCU with a 1-second gate.
The MCU (on the red board) is a T.I. MSP430FR2355.
Comments/questions welcome!

FYI, Time/freq-related stuff I have:
HP101A, HP215A, HP500B, HP521C, HP522B, FR-38B, HP5245L, HP5512A, HP5316A,
HP5345A, HP115AR, HP59309A, and a bunch of other test gear (mostly HP, some
Tek and others).

Pete