[time-nuts] Vibration isolation of quartz oscillators

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Sat Jun 27 18:56:35 UTC 2020

Michael,

These are really good oscillators so in addition to guessing what sounds
like a good solution verify with actual vibration / acceleration
experiments.

Last year I tested some Oscilloquartz BVA's for axis sensitivity to
acceleration. It's quite easy. Some plots here:

http://leapsecond.com/pages/bva-rotate/

At the end of that page are two videos showing the Arduino-driven
stepper motor rotating platform that I used. If anyone can't view the
videos let me know off-list (my email is tvb at leapsecond.com).

If you end up doing something similar I would very much like to see how
your results compare.

Thanks,
/tvb