[time-nuts] Vibration isolation of quartz oscillators

George Dubovsky n4ua.va at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 12:40:00 UTC 2020

Through the mysteries of business consolidation and the resulting asset
transfers, I have in my Virginia basement a rather nice Zeiss metallurgical
microscope (which I have absolutely no use for but I couldn't stand to see
consigned to a dumpster), which is perched on its original mount, a
30"x48"x4" granite slab. The slab sits on a square-tube-steel table that is
actually a low-pressure vessel that has four round rubber bladders mounted
in the top corners, holding up the slab. Each bladder has its own valve
which has a short arm that contacts the bottom of the slab and servos that
corner of the slab. This marvellous air-suspension microscope has tags
indicating it came from AT&T Bell Labs in NJ. Since it shares the basement
with three milling machines and one lathe, my kids will already have their
hands full when my time comes, so what the hell... ;-)

73,

geo - n4ua