[time-nuts] Vibration isolation of quartz oscillators

Joseph B. Fitzgerald jfitzgerald at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Jun 29 14:21:54 UTC 2020

If passive vibration isolation is not good enough active dampening is an option with a rig like

https://www.herzan.com/products/active-vibration-control/TS-series.html

I was not directly involved, but a team that I shared a lab with bought a gizmo like that one and it really helped  some very sensitive optical measurements.    It does not take up much room, so it might address the "Space is tight" constraint.   It won't meet a "budget is tight" constraint though.

-Joe Fitzgerald