[time-nuts] FW: HP-5372A operation with no CRT display.

Lester Veenstra m0ycm at veenstras.com
Tue Jun 30 13:33:22 UTC 2020

Magnus:
 Thanks for the advice. As a long time ham (1962 Tech and commercial RTO tickets), when one of the rites of passage was taking discarded Vacuum tube TVs and turning them into CW transmitters, the dangers of HV are well known.  Particularly what lurks under that anode feed through clip on the crt envelope.  Or learning not to grab the plate cap on a 6146 when using a cathode keyed rig.. (Only did that once)

On my 5372A, both horiz and Vert deflection drives do not look like what I would expect, particularly with the coils disconnected.

That is why I am hoping the 5371 (arriving today) may give me a starting point.
--------------------
As an aside, does the 5372A offer any direct measurement capability that the TAPR TICC does not (with sufficient software post processing of course)

I would like to get it going, as a point of personal pride ( I love cheeep, not working, for parts only deals), but having a TICC, should I let this project simmer on a low burner?

Lester B Veenstra  K1YCM  MØYCM  W8YCM   6Y6Y
lester at veenstras.com

452 Stable Ln (HC84 RFD USPS Mail)
Keyser WV 26726

GPS: 39.336826 N  78.982287 W (Google)
GPS: 39.33682 N  78.9823741 W (GPSDO)

Telephones:
Home:                     +1-304-289-6057
US cell                    +1-304-790-9192
Jamaica cell:           +1-876-456-8898