[time-nuts] WWVB teensy BPSK early experiments

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 1 01:45:07 UTC 2020

On 10/31/20 4:46 PM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Looking at the data sheet for the MCU, they really do want 24 MHz and that’s about it. I suspect you would
> do better to take your 10 MHz OCXO and run it into one of the frequency converter chips to get the 24.
> Then feed that into the board. One more chip, but you now don’t have a bunch of stuff to hack up.

Yeah.. you can spin the dial on the signal generator and move the
frequency up and down, but.... Nothing is guaranteed to work right.  Who
knows what sort of little DPLLs are on that chip that have narrow
ranges, etc.

This experiment was with a Teensy 3.1 - I had a lot of them, so I wasn't
afraid to hack it up.