[time-nuts] Efratom M100 Found on Ramco auction site.

The Fiber Guru fiber.guru at fiber.guru
Mon Nov 2 21:58:33 UTC 2020

I have noticed a number of Rb oscillators for sale on eBay over the years, but be aware of the limited lifetime of the oscillator.  In our experience, the life is the same whether constantly in use or just sitting on a shelf.  That said, life cycles vary greatly....

My advice to uses who have had a clock powered for years and want to move it.....do NOT power it down, use portable power (batteries) to keep it powered during the move (which takes great care).  Many old (8-12 years) Rb oscillators that have been powered will just not survive power down, getting cold then power back up.  It can happen, but we sell a lot of replacement Rb oscillators to replace those ranging from 8-15 years.  However, a good ocxo will last magnitudes longer than Rb.

We have not noticed a significant difference in lifetime among the Rb manufacturers.  Sometimes they are equally bad!

:)

The Fiber Guru
www.fiber.guru