[time-nuts] Frequency Counter Choice

David mcquate at sonic.net
Mon Nov 9 02:03:24 UTC 2020

Several USB--GPIB designs may be found on the web, for example,

https://github.com/fenrir-naru/gpib-usbcdc/

I chose this one because it uses the bus driver chips, rather than
driving the bus directly with the microporcessor.

It uses a
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/8-bit/c8051f38x/Pages/c8051f38x.aspx
microprocessor, and

SN74ALS160, and SN74ALS162 bus driver chips.  It includes source code
and a (quite small) PC design, in Eagle.

I've built this, with PC design modified to use a 32LQFP package.

It works, at least for the simple use cases I've tried.

David