[time-nuts] Mentorship needed in learning about Allan Deviation and variation.

Joe & Gisela Noci jgnoci at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:55:58 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
Still playing with my GPSDO..The Rubidium source I was hoping to have the
loan off did not work out, so still in the dark. I have sort of convinced
myself to procure a reasonable 'proven' source, Rubidium or whatever, but
that
seems to be more easily decided than done..Or at least so if the money
available is not astronomical... Also complicated by the difficulties
getting the goods here to Namibia!

Anyway, I am still unhappy with my analogue time-to-digital conversion - I
do see the odd spike in the logged data and have been unable to find why -
have applied lots of filtering of supplies, used a separate A/D convertor (
as opposed to the convertor internal to the STM Processor) with own dc
regulated supply, own clean A/D Reference voltage ( 1ppm device). etc...

Does not mean implementing a digital method will get rid of the spikes, so
I am still chasing that till I understand, but to that end:
 I found this device and am keen to get the dev kit and try it out :
https://www.sciosense.com/products/time-to-digital-converters/development-kit-for-as6500/

Has anyone perhaps played with it? Would be interested to know more about
it if so..
Regards
Joe
V51JN / ZS6JGN