[time-nuts] WWVB teensy BPSK early experiments

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:36:01 UTC 2020

Graham that is the alternate approach. The new suggested KD2BD vcTCXO works
very well. Its 10 MHz and readily available. But then the old divider
chains are needed. The KD2BD method works well if you have plenty of solder.
First mixer is 50 KHz LO. Result 10 KHz IF.
10 KHz IF gain
Second Mixer is a 10 KHz LO results in a 0 Hz IF.
But the products are actually phase offset and bit.
The above comments are seriously over simplified.
Having built the KD2BD receiver I am interested in a low solder solution.
:-)
Really have to do far more experimentation. The teensy is very powerful.
Regards
Paul