[time-nuts] Frequency Counter Choice

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Wed Nov 11 14:23:58 UTC 2020

Stijn,

Have you tried to power-cycle your counter?

May seem like a silly question, but just to make sure we are on the same
page.

I have had similar problems, but did not debug them all. I do remember
that after writing the string successfully I had to power-cycle the
counter thought, before it got accepted and past Calibration Lost message.

When I did this I could not rule out that my programming to control the
USB-GPIB infterface was correct, as I bone-headidly wrote my own from
ground up. At the time all the stuff with GPIB was flimsy so that's why
I just did not use what was available.

Cheers,
Magnus