[time-nuts] Survey grade antennas

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Wed Nov 18 22:49:10 UTC 2020

Bob wrote:

> ….. and now they all seem to have been sold

If you look at the auctions linked from that one, you will find dozens
of other listings for similar multi-band antennas -- some of them
considerably less expensive than the Novatel.

Note that the Novatel information admits that the antenna is not a choke
ring design, but instead claims that it provides "Choke ring antenna
functionality without the size and weight."  Also note that the Novatel
datasheet makes no reference to it being a survey-grade antenna.

I did not look carefully at the listings for the other tri-band "survey"
antennas on ebay, but I assume the same is true of them.

Best regards,

Charles