[time-nuts] Early Christmas - DMTD up and running

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Nov 30 19:21:14 UTC 2020

Hi

When doing DMTD “noise floor” with a common oscillator, you need to use a “line
stretcher” between the inputs to the DMTD. In the case of a 5 MHz system, you
would need about 30 to 50’ of coax to get the job done. There is no need for infinitely
fine steps, a set of 3 cables at 20 / 10 / 5 feet (or anything near those numbers)
would do fine. This is very much a “use what you have” sort of setup ….

Bob