[time-nuts] Help getting 53131A to talk over RS232

Matthias Welwarsky time-nuts at welwarsky.de
Thu Oct 1 06:08:12 UTC 2020

On Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020 01:20:26 CEST Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> The 53131 RS232 thinks it is talking to a printer. You need to enable that
> on the sub menu *and* then restart ( = power cycle ) the counter. Once it
> is turned on, you can muck with the serial parameters to get them to line
> up with your needs.

No need to power-cycle the counter. Just enable "Printing" using the "Save &
Print" button: Press the button until you see "PRINT: OFF" then use the cursor
keys right side of the display to switch to "PRINT: ON", then hit the "ENTER"
button. The counter will start printing on the serial port.

Default serial settings: 9600 baud, 8N1.

BR,
Matthias