[time-nuts] More ES100 / WWVB BPSK chips

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:47:50 UTC 2020

Thanks to Tom's heads-up, I ordered a new style ES100 set with breakout
board from Universal Solder 13 days ago, and it arrived today.

The pinout documentation zip package from Universal-Solder website, (which
was mighty confusing to begin with), still seems to describe the original
board. But the new pinout is right there on the silkscreening on the
breakout board which very nicely plugs into 0.1" perfboard or solderless
breadboard.

Gave it a quick spin this afternoon, it locked up with WWVB from the East
Coast USA in broad daylight, and I can report that the same Arduino code
works fine with old board or new.

Highly recommended! BUT Universal Solder says they are currently sold out,
with "3500 modules in production and expected to be in stock on 10/23/2020."

Tim N3QE