[time-nuts] Aging 5065A ?

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Thu Oct 8 13:57:57 UTC 2020

I do not believe that is true. Only a longer D/A would result in a closer approximation to the desired waveform. A longer accumulator will result in being able to use a finer update rate but taking a longer time to do it. I built my first  DDS in 1971 and studied their spurious very thoroughly even coming up with algorithms to predict where they would be depending on clock rate and accumulator setting. Of course that was all discrete and I know technology has passed me by. In the 80's I did use off the shelf DDS chips. The limitation was always in the D/A. 73 - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell NJ 07731
848-245-9115