[time-nuts] WWVB Dephaser Question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Oct 12 13:26:08 UTC 2020

Hi

The “ideal” antenna solenoid would be a bit longer ( say 2 X to 5X ).
The turns should be spaced apart by a few percent of the length.
( so turns over 30 or so … not so much …).

How much better is “ideal” compared to “just get it done?”.  At least
from the stories that are told, it is significant. Since all these antennas
are very small (so non-ideal) it’s a bit of a snail race.

Bob