[time-nuts] phase noise webinar from IEEE MTT-S

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Tue Oct 13 17:46:46 UTC 2020

I just attended this webinar. It focused on oscillator design theory and the results the author had achieved for various specific projects. He discussed in general amplitude limiting to reduce amplitude noise, with the result that we only need to worry about phase noise in most cases. Very little time was spent on atomic clocks - he gave three slides which showed Rubidium resonance lines and vapor cells and a block diagram but there was little else. He discussed flicker noise but didn't get into the physical cause of that phenomenon. He spend a bit of time discussing frequency tweaking using varactor phase shifters.

The slide deck was not available for download during the webinar. The webinar is now available after the fact on-demand by using the link given earlier (https://www.naylornetwork.com/mtt-mkt2019/email01.asp?projID=122255) and then scrolling down to the "Notify Me!" button, which takes you to the event lobby page. The green box link at the bottom toggles on/off the Resources window. Click "Webinar Evard York" to download a 3 MB PDF of the slides (for slides per page).
--
Bill Byrom N5BB