[time-nuts] What's available in the way of DSP for new WWVB?

Graham / KE9H ke9h.graham at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:12:10 UTC 2020

One of the problems with the iMX RT series, is that any processor below the
1064 (Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 use 1062) do not have any internal FLASH. It is
all external in a separate FLASH chip sitting out there waiting to be read
by your competitors. So, the iMXRT has a bunch of boot time complexity,
optional encryption, and bootloader memory movement options you have to
manage to boot the device.  Typical for machines designed to run big OS's,
but not normally seen in microprocessors.

Paul Soffrigen, of PJRC, says that some of his bigger customers did not
want the ARM SWD exposed, because they thought it would make it easier for
competitors to read their object code.

Yes, if you tell MCUXpresso to generate a ".hex" file, you can load it with
PJRC's separate executable. But I would rather hook a Segger directly to
the target.

Thanks for the tip about TyQT, I did not know about those tools.

--- Graham