[time-nuts] 5065A Rb Cavity RX - Varactor repair?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Oct 22 19:41:15 UTC 2020

I would tend to agree with the assessment that the
SRD is not a high failure rate item.  Also, it
could experience a faux failure where the fixturing
of it corroded such that it was not making good
electrical contact any more, but the underlying diode
was still good.  Cleaning up the contact area could
fix that.

If the SRD truly failed, the only way to get a replacement
would be to cannibalize another 5065.

I also agree with the other comment that replacing
the whole RF chain would be a major undertaking, having
designed several RF chains.

Rick N6RK