[time-nuts] SMPS or conventional?

Angus not.again at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 23 00:16:47 UTC 2020

   I suspect that one of the main issues these days is the quality of
the module - there is a lot of unbranded stuff out there of unknown
quality.
   Cooling a rubidium is probably a relatively easy life for a peltier
since there are limited temperature changes, but I would still make
sure that I had a spare to drop in if I did have an issue.
   Since you tend to rate cooling for worst case, and it's usually a
lot less efficient there, the peltier will usually spend most of its
time at a fraction of full power.
   I don't think that they like unfiltered PWM, but there are plenty
of other reasons to avoid that in this case anyway.

Angus