[time-nuts] SMPS or conventional?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Oct 23 12:56:14 UTC 2020

Hi

I must admit, the longevity of the compressor based setup in the typical kitchen
fridge continues to amaze me. :).

=======

TEC’s have a fairly limited “pumping range”. It is not uncommon to discover you
need to stack them to get this or that job done. We wound up with a stack of
5 to get one project working.

In some designs the TEC / stack never does anything other than run at X current.
If the goal is “take care of an Rb out in the (-10 to +45C) garage”, it’s going to see
a lot of cycles …

Fun !!

Bob