[time-nuts] WWVB Dephaser Question

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 22:53:25 UTC 2020

Antenna and filtering are not a problem for me. I use the 10' X 10' square
loop and about 800' of wire with a cap to resonate at 60 KHz and then a
preamp really to drive 140' of coax. Currently using a modified KD2BD
receiver frontend but using a 350 Hz xtal filter. Yes indeed that hamfest
find was amazing.

Looks like you have to build a costa loop SDR. Looked at lots of documents.
My first question to the group.
Can a single incoming sample be converted to I & Q through math. I sort of
think so. The original sample might be I and then use math to make Q. That
would save an entire analog chain. The teensy has a single chain for mic
level input. Though it does feed left and right channels. Granted there are
two audio chains at line level.

The teensy has a NCO that can create a quadrature output. The alternate
would be to use that to drive analog switches as a multiplier to form I & Q
samples.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL